Re: CAPTION element for OBJECT?

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Liam Quinn wrote:

> Is there any reason why HTML 3.0's CAPTION element [1] for use with FIG
> [2] hasn't been re-introduced with the OBJECT element in HTML 4.0?  It
> seems a natural match, and image/object captions are constantly asked for
> in newsgroups like comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html.  Currently many
> authors abuse tables to place (visually) a caption with an image, but a
> CAPTION element with OBJECT would make that unnecessary.

As would putting the caption after the object (say, in a P element, with a
class identifier so you would render it as you think captions should be
rendered), putting them both in a DIV and floating them with CSS to wherever
you want.

Hey Presto!

Then again, this makes more sense in XML ;)

--
    Stephanos "Pippis" Piperoglou - http://users.hol.gr/~spip/index.html
All I wanted in my life was a little love and a lot of money. In that order.

                                                   ...oof porothika