Re: misuse / abuse of html (was Re: CAPT

 ----------
>From: Walter Ian Kaye
> > i label as abuse any use of html that makes it more difficult for
non-gui
> > browsers to fully access the presented information.  this can take many
> > forms, from use of tables for purely layout purposes to imagemaps
without
> > corresponding textual navigation.  call me crazy, but i refuse to
support
> > the assumption that the only market out there is graphical.
>
>I agree! I make fancy nested tables with background cell colors, but these
>same pages of mine are fully functional and legible in Lynx 2.5. I use ALT
>attributes on my images, too. I care about *all* visitors to my site.

Lets not get carried away with this, how many visitors to web sites use
non-graphical browsers? And how many of those have ONLY a non-graphical
browser?

The web is popular *because* it is a GRAPHICAL method of presenting
information. The Internet was not very widely used until the web came along.

HTML is a method of creating graphical (or intuitive) and interactive access
to information.
}:-o
Regards
/Hass
08 - 63 93 644 (Work)
08 - 99 74 39 (Home)
070 - 66 46 180 (Mobile)

http://hass.home.ml.org
hass@bigfoot.com

"I may not agree with what you say but I will
fight until I die for your right to say it."
 - Voltaire (A very clever man)