Re: CAPTION element for OBJECT?

 ----------
>From: Jim Wise

>> Suggestion: replace "abuse" with "are forced to resort to using".

Or replace "abuse" with "have ingeneously come up with - e.g. using TABLES
to control layout (prior to CSS).

>Nonsense.  No one is forcing you to misuse HTML.

What is misuse? Using HTML in ways that were not the intention of those that
formulated the DTD can be very useful and productive e.g. use of TABLES
(again).

> If you want pixel
>level control and graphical consistency, use a graphical format such as
>TIFF or PDF.  If you want platform independece and logical markup, use
>HTML.  If you want HTML with some level of control of visual rendering,
>use HTML with CSS.

Problem: Not everyone uses a browser that is CSS enabled.

}:-o
Regards
/Hass
08 - 63 93 644 (Work)
08 - 99 74 39 (Home)
070 - 66 46 180 (Mobile)

http://hass.home.ml.org
hass@bigfoot.com

"I may not agree with what you say but I will
fight until I die for your right to say it."
 - Voltaire (A very clever man)