Re: Netscape and <FRAMESET>

I wrote:
   > ... the best argument I've ever seen for NEVER using pixels as the
   > unit. People's screens are just too diverse (except on a corporate
   > intranet) for it to be meaningful.

David Perrell replied:
[...]
   Pixel-dimensioned frames are sized perfectly in MSIE, at any display
   resolution. Why would it be a problem? Is there a GUI API that doesn't
   take pixels as dimensional arguments?

No, but a very frequent occurrence is big GIFs with fixed widths in
pixels, designed to look good at 800x600 and above, but which run off
the RH edge of the screen at lower rez. Doing it with %ages at least
allows it to fit comfortably.

///Peter