Re: Netscape and <FRAMESET>

Peter Flynn wrote:
> This is the best argument I've ever seen for NEVER using pixels as
the
> unit. People's screens are just too diverse (except on a corporate
> intranet) for it to be meaningful.

I argue not against font-relevant measurements -- say, frame size
measured in points or basefont ems or sumsuch, but frames can also be
used to hold only a bitmap, and in this case I would expect a pixel
measurement to be reliable, so that a bitmap could be placed in a frame
with assurance that it will not get arbitrarily cropped.

Pixel-dimensioned frames are sized perfectly in MSIE, at any display
resolution. Why would it be a problem? Is there a GUI API that doesn't
take pixels as dimensional arguments? Netscape's inability to even keep
the frame size consistent through resizing of a window is strange.

"You can specify the size of the first frame as a fixed number of
pixels, and the size of the other frames become relative to the
available remaining space." -- Netscape

David