Re: What's APPLET doing inside PRE?

In article <199612312137.VAA16879@curia.ucc.ie>,
Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie> wrote:
> I do really wish we could get away from this idea that 3.2 has some
> kind of validity as a "standard" for HTML.

Fine, then please suggest something else that the average HTML author
should use. For many people, the only way to make sure they write
valid HTML is to use a validator. I really can't write 1,200 documents
without some way of automated syntax checking.

To make this useful, the validator has to support the "latest"
elements and attributes. I think that HTML 3.2 provides a good
overview of what currently can be done, so that is why I recommend
it as the HTML level to validate against.

Galactus

- --
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>
Ceterum censeo CLASS addendum HTML 3.2 esse.

-----END PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----