Re: HTML Streaming

At 2:11 AM -0000 8/27/97, Albertfine@aol.com wrote:
>I think all tags should be reviewed and changed to make them streamable. Of
>course, this is a very big step. I think the first step should be the
>organization of tags and review of the some of more experimental and
>proprietary additions to HTML files.
I think that with the average user's access to the web increasing in speed
and with new and hopefully faster protocols being developed to move data
around, it seems to me that HTML, as it stands, doesn't need to be changed.
I very, very rarely get annoyed with how long it takes for an HTML page to
load--only with the graphics.  If we could work on getting more compact and
more functional graphical formats widely accepted, and if we got people to
design pages that weren't so full of tables that they took decades to load,
then there wouldn't be *any* need for streaming.

HTML files, unlike formats that *do* stream, such as RAM or MOV, etc., are
extremely small.  I don't see any need to speed up the download of this
information at all.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]