Re: Extending URL syntax for framesets?

On Tue, 29 Jul 1997, Martin J. Duerst wrote:

> I think if anything, you better overload "#" than "?".
> The part after "?" is sent to the server, the part after "#" is
> not. In your case, it's the browser that has to disentangle
> the additional information and load the various frames.
>
> An additional advantage is that the syntaxt after "#" is not
> very abused yet, so that it is easier to introduce new conventions.

This would be very dificult to implement because html files in the various
frames may also include fragment identifiers (i.e. "load `cow.html' in frame
`main' and scroll down to anchor `physiology'")

--
    Stephanos "Pippis" Piperoglou - http://users.hol.gr/~spip/index.html
All I wanted in my life was a little love and a lot of money. In that order.

                                                   ...oof porothika