Re: What is planned for these attributes?

At 5:12 PM -0400 8/2/97, Liam Quinn wrote:
>It's in the HTML 4.0 draft [1], but it appears to have been left out of
>the HTML 4.0 DTD.

I looked at the draft, and you are right. However, I noticed a peculiarity
that (I think) deserves mention.

The entry on the specified page is a link to the 'interact/forms.html' file
to the location specifying under which circumstances the form should not
accept submissions. The list of items shows two OBJECT related items, with
links back to the OBJECT element.

The OBJECT element shows the NAME attribute as defined, but instead of a
definition provided under 'attribute definitions' there is instead a
duplication of the link that is in the IMG element list in the 'attributes
defined elsewhere' section.

In addition, the links are broken as they point to a file named 'interact/
forms.src' instead of 'interact/ forms.html'. (Having downloaded the
archive, I have it local and was able to verify which page was affected.)
Also, there is a third copy of this bad url on the 'struct/includes.html'
page. It is under the MAP element.

Also, I checked the attributes page and there was no mention of IMG under
the NAME attribute in any of the defined uses. It left me uncertain as to
which definition applies, since the list under form submissions also
includes 2 other references, one of which includes the lack of a NAME
attribute (namely form controls without a NAME attribute).

>On a related note, is there any reason why the NAME attribute for OBJECT
>was defined with a value type of %URL instead of CDATA?

This is a good question.

Wayne

               Nick: Wayne or WayneC
              Email: twaynec@pacbell.net or Wayne_Campbell@lamg.com