Re: %flow and headers and address

Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie> wrote:
>> | Headers are used to label sections in the document. How exactly
>> should
>> | I interpret a section that starts halfway a list?
>>
>> My list items are large ... they need to be headed...  sure, there are
>> no sub heads, or there is not multiple headings per list ...
>
>The LH (list heading) element would have been ideal for this, but it
>was removed from HTML3 when 3.2 was produced, perhaps on the grounds
>that it wasn't "current practice".
>
>I'm producing a composite HTMLX.DTD which will replace this and much
>else, as I see no good reason why advanced users of HTML should be
>penalised by 3.2

	If you're indicating intend to update the HTML 3.0 DTD so
that it retains *all* of the sound, much needed, and desired markup
that was omitted from the so-called 3.2 draft despite having been
implemented in clients such as EmacsWWW, UdiWWW and Lynx, so that
the updated DTD includes additional markup from the so-called 3.2,
and from RFC1942 (TABLEs) and RFC???? (i18n), and can be installed
for selection at the validation services, a perhaps small percentage
of Webizens, but very, very large absolute number of people, would
greatly appreciate that.

				Fote