Re: end tags...

>Carl Morris wrote:
>Many people on this list have suggested that authors either use authoring
>tools
>that produce valid HTML or else validate their pages.
>
>Humans are normally error prone and "improving" the DTD in this respect
>will not
>make appreciable progress towards making people write what they had intended.
>
>Anyhow, I don't see why we should waste our time on people who insist on hand
>coding HTML but are reluctant to learn the rules and when they get it
>wrong want
>to cahnge the rules. After all, suitable tools are available.
>
>Jonathan

I have been hand coding since the beginning and am VERY uncomfortable using
some premade tool to make pages for me. There are lots of people who hand
code HTML, for various reasons, but some of them might be:

	1. Better understanding of what is going on in their page.
	2. Easier to modify, and lay out things
	3. Habit
	4. You're used to "command-line" power and flexibility.

I can't speak for people who don't want to learn the rules, but then I'm in
NO position to start asking for changes in standards either.

Chris

Chris Fogel:System Administrator/WebMaster, CyberRamp Internet Services
214/340-2020, 817/226-2020(metro), 214/834-7517(pgr), 214/343-3727(fax)
E-Mail: chrisf@cyberramp.net , URL: http://www.cyberramp.net
11350 Hillguard, Dallas, TX 75243