Re: Tables in text browsers...

Stuart Young wrote:

> I think the fact that Lynx 2.6 recognises most of the HTML 3.0 and/or 3.2
> tags (can't remember which it is..) is fairly impressive itself!

It recognizes all of them. And some not in those drafts. Like FRAME, for
example.

> Personally the only thing I really feel Lynx needs is an update to the
> way the help options are displayed. Mebbe a leaning towards something
> more like Pine/Pico, with the keys down the bottom.

There is a novice mode (it is default unless changed by sysop) with that
kind of help. It should be expanded, I agree.

> Also something else in Lynx that'd be useful is the ability to select
> (and download) inline pictures as though they were a link. Very useful
> occasionly.

Lynx can do that for a very long time. Unless remapped in config file, press
'*' and you'll have links to all inline pictures.

> But you're right in that the tables issue needs to be addressed. Even
> simply using tabs could be effective for a table display. ?!?

You can do that, if you want to. If you have a simple table (with only
character level markup), you can write something like this:

TAB is a very usefull tag that was present in HTML 3.0, but was left out from
HTML 3.2. Let us flame. :)

--
Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

dave@fly.cc.fer.hr