Re: The Netscape / Microsoft / Future Quagmire

Appendixless-Boy .. wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Oct 1996 S.N.Brodie@ecs.soton.ac.uk wrote:
>
> > CSS is different.  It was not a sole invention of Microsoft.  You need not
> > have mentioned that they were authored to look best in IE, but given your
> > employer makes that browser, that is understandable!
>
> I'm pretty sure its invention was nothing to do with Microsoft, try W3 ...

That's correct.  Microsoft are, as far as I was aware, members of the
W3C although I don't know exactly when they joined and whether that was in
time to have any input on CSS or not.

--
Stewart Brodie, Electronics & Computer Science, Southampton University.
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~snb94r/      http://delenn.ecs.soton.ac.uk/