Netscape and PNG

From: Dan Delaney <dgdela01@homer.louisville.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 17:49:35 -0400 (EDT)
   Another thing I didn't notice in the ad for Netscape 4.0 was support
for in-line PNG graphics files!
   I know that someone from Netscape reads this mailing list--so I ask
you: what does Netscape have against the new PNG file format? Why are you
so reluctant to support native in-line PNG files the same way you support
GIF and JPG?

 Daniel G. Delaney                             Computer Coordinator
 dgdela01@homer.louisville.edu              University Publications
                                           University of Louisville
 aka: Dionysos, Belteshazzar                           502-852-0716
      T H E   L O U I S V I L L E   T I M E S   C H O R U S
                  a     c  a  p  p  e  l  l  a