Re: HTML 3.2 PR: Miscellaneous notes

Carl Morris <msftrncs@htcnet.com> wrote:

> [ I wrote: ]
> | which implies that the following is correct:
>
> Implies?  That looks like what it said to me...

Looks like what _what_ said?  RFC 1942 is clear on this
ISSUE, but the Wilbur draft is not.

(I'm not just trying to be perversely nitpicky here;
this is a potential point of confusion for users,
especially if they're familiar with other systems
like TeX or tbl, which treat spanning rows and columns
quite differently from HTML 3.2).

> one suggestion ... they
> like it around here if you would suggest the better wording... not just
> say its needed.

The language I quoted from RFC 1942:

| Cells spanning rows contribute to the column count on each of
| the spanned rows, but only appear in the markup once (in the
| first row spanned).  [p. 21]

would be appropriate.

--joe@art.com