Re: Idea for adding to HTML

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Paul Derbyshire wrote:
> A thought I have had is the creation of *inline html*. These would be like
> inline images, except they would actually be html. There would be a tag
> such as <inhtml src=blahblahblah.html> and the appropriate HTML would be
> inserted and rendered at that location. This would make it easy to
> implement things like toolbars uniformly on a group of pages, by having a
> file containing the toolbar html and inlining it in other documents.

   I think that would be fabulous. It would make it very easy to
implement an organization wide header and footer to pages which the
webmaster could change at will and affect the whole organization. For
instance, I want my entire organization to use the same Background and
link colors on the official pages. So I could have all of them simply put
a INHTML tag in place of their body tag and have it HREF a common HTML
file which only contains the organization wide BODY tag.
   How 'bout it. Anyone else like this idea?
 --Dan Delaney

                                                          ////
                                                         (o  o)
   Daniel G. Delaney (Dionysos)                  |  Louisville Times  |
   University Publications (Univ. of Lou.)       |       Chorus       |
      dgdela01@Homer.Louisville.edu              | ooooO        Ooooo |
      Houchens Building                           --\  |--------|  /---
      502-852-0716                                   \_|        |_/