Re: SRC attribute for HR/UL/DIR/MENU?

About a SRC attribute for UL, LI, HR, and so on: i fully
support this idea and am also quite surprised and disappointed
to find it missing from the HTML 3.2 spec.

Why on earth was it removed?!

And may i ask what NOSHADE is doing on HR, why HR WIDTH is in
%Pixels, and why PLAIN is gone from lists?  It also seems
strange that LINK has the ID attribute but nothing else does.

It may be too late for FONT (choke) but at least we can
still try to get *some* things right.

Ka-Ping Yee