Re: Netscape's SPACER

>On Tue, 16 Jul 1996 10:32:35 -0700, David Perrell wrote:
>
>>Can anyone explain to me what the TYPE and SIZE attributes add to SPACER
>>besides complexity, confusion, and extra characters?

You can use SPACER in three different ways:

a)
<SPACER TYPE=HORIZONTAL SIZE=width>
(behaves like multiple &nbsp;)

b)
<SPACER TYPE=VERTICAL SIZE=height>
(behaves like an 'invisble <HR>')

c)
<SPACER TYPE=BLOCK WIDTH=width HEIGHT=height ALIGN=alignment>
(behaves like an invisible image)

Or have a look at Netscape's Release-Notes:
http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/3.0/relnotes/windows-3.0b5.html#Features

hope this helps,

Actually I like the idea of this tag. It's great to create free space on a
page, which is often desirable from a graphic-design point of view. And as
it is only free space, a browser that doesn't understand it just will not
display it.

Holger Struppek
hupp@berlin.snafu.de