Re: Automatic Entry and Forms

From: <hallam@zorch.w3.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 96 02:11:20 -0500
To: Robert Hazeltine <rhazltin@bacall.nepean.uws.edu.au>
Cc: Derek Harding <derek@tpdinc.com>, Murray Altheim <murray@spyglass.com>, hallam@w3.org, www-html@w3.org, hallam@zorch.w3.org

I think people are offended that you have attacked a position that
nobody was actually proposing.

Please do not assume that you are the only person who understands the
Internet and its users. I don't think that there is a Napoleon behind
every URL, very few of the users of the Internet are homicidal maniacs
like Napoleon, Hitler or Saddam.

There is a problem with the Canter and Segal, get rich quick faction of
the net. This is a small proportion of users.

I need no lessons in protecting personal privacy. I work in the security
and payments areas and work on the same floor of MIT as Ron Rivest's
cryptography group.

		Phill