comments (Re: Really Quick Guide to Good HTML)

From: Gregory J. Woodhouse <gjw@wnetc.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 06:50:20 -0800 (PST)
To: Maurizio Codogno <mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
On Wed, 21 Feb 1996, Maurizio Codogno wrote:

> lilley answered Charles Peyton Taylor:
>

> Just out of curiosity - is there some browser which actually stops
> processing if it finds a </html> tag? When I first approached HTML, I
> thought it would have been a nice way to add information at the end
> of a document without let them be displayed. But this seems not to be
> the case.
>
> .mau.

I frequently add comments to my web pages using the syntax

<!-- This is a comment -->

My first few lines are fairly standard giving such information as my name
and a version number. I'm quite a bit more sparse with my comments in
HTML than I am in, say, C++. I guess I'm still trying to settle on a good
commenting style.

---
Gregory Woodhouse     gjw@wnetc.com
home page:            http://www.wnetc.com/