Re: lynx and image maps (fwd)

From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 06:47:54 -0800 (PST)
To: www-html@w3.org
Once upon a time Geoff Narvronsen shaped the electrons to say...
>>the simplest solution to all of this is, of course, anything that the
>>imagemap will link to, put another, text-based link just below this.
>>
>>this should be common sense, and i believe is common practice anyway.

Yes it is - for well designed pages anyway.  On the best pages I've always
seen a text alternative to an imagemap or button bar.  It is also polite
to those who may have turned off image loading for a fast load if they're
looking for something.

-MZ
--
Although I work for Livingston Enterprises Technical Support, I alone am
responsible for everything contained herein.  So don't waste my managers'