Resizing issues (was Re: Images in Horizontal rules)

At 10:22a -0700 08/09/96, Lee Daniel Crocker wrote:

>This issue has been brought up enough now that I'll have to expedite
>what I think is the solution--the PNG "resize hints" chunk.  The
>image itself is really the best place to put information about how
>it can be resized.  Of course, its placement indicates _whether_ it
>should be resized, but the image itself best knows _how_.

Expedite...sounds good to me :-)

On a related note:

I also want a way to specify optimum page width, something like:

   <META NAME="WIDTH" CONTENT="500">

so that clicking (or modifier+click) on the zoom box will resize
the window to the optimum width. (or maybe a new browser button)

-Walter (sick and tired of trial-and-error window resizing)