Re: Sentence MarkUp

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler <bsittler@prism.nmt.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 09:36:06 -0600
To: www-html@www10.w3.org
In some ways, short-term (CSS) and long-term (DSSSL) stylesheet
initiatives are already underway. I would estimate that an initial CSS
"standard" will be available by fall of 1995. Most Netscape features (if
not all) can be replaced with CSS. The major hang-up at this point is
getting a browser with full CSS and HTML support... Arena is still
incomplete (i.e. forms, tables, figures and background images don't work
yet, to mention a few major shortcomings in the latest prerelease) and is
only available for a few unix platforms running X. Meanwhile, NaviSoft [1]
has implemented stylesheets for HTML 2 in their NaviPress
browser/authoring system, but CLASSes are unavailable.

We need a free, reliable, feature-packed HTML 3 browser with full CSS
support. And while we're at it, world peace might be nice...

[1] http://www.navisoft.com/