Re: color: NCSA Mosaic, Netscape, and HTML3

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 11:30:18 -0400 (EDT)
To: igraham@alchemy.chem.utoronto.ca (Ian S. Graham)
Cc: www-html@www10.w3.org
> Hmm.... so something that is implemented, operational and popular is "hot air",
> while "still being defined" stylesheets are not???

It is important to stress that the concept of a style sheet is _not_ being
defined.  Any vendor can implement style sheets whenever they feel like
it.  Style sheets do not require changes to an HTML document that
render HTML documents incorrect.  Extra attributes to the BODY tag _do_.

Style sheets are the best way to change the presentation of an HTML document,
and have been since HTML 0.  I have been using style sheets with HTML
documents for more than a year now.

 Paul Prescod