Referencing orginal documents, When to use <p></p>

Hi,

A couple of questions that have been niggling me for a while now.

1. Reference to original articles

I quite often revamp news articles into HTML for reference purposes
on my pages (generally announcements and that kind of thing).
I have recently started to add LINKs to various parts, and was
wondering what I should use for a reference back to the article. The
closest I think to what I want currently is:

	<link href="news:article-id" rev=citation>

Is there something better?

One of the things that I get confused over is when to use </p>, if at
all. For example, I might be writing something and then make a couple
of points:

	blah blah, for example:
	<ul>
	<li>one
	<li>two
	</ul>
	and then blah blah.

Would that be correct, or should it really be a:

	blah blah, for example:
	<ul>
	<li>one
	<li>two
	</ul>
	and then blah blah.

This is a simple example of course. Other examples are page lists,
which might be:

	<h2>     </h2>
	<ul>
	<li>