Re: Missing fieldset, legend, optgroup at XHTML-Print

> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:21:11 +0200, Vicente Luque Centeno
> <vlc@it.uc3m.es> wrote:
>
>> Can someone tell me why the following tags are missing at XHTML-Print?
>>
>>   * fieldset
>>   * legend
>>   * optgroup
>
> Because it uses the Basic Forms module from XHTML Modularization. Which
> facility would you want to use in XHTML Print whose functionality is not
> available already?

If I want to publish a suitable-for-printing Web page and I choose to use
XHTML-Print directly for publication purposes, I will not be able to use
those tags. How can I get the functionality of fieldset, legend and
optgroup in XHTML-Print? optgroup might not seem too important because
options are usually not rendered (in current browsers, but this might
change) in printed versions, but fieldset and legend are still interesting
for printed versions, isn't it?

>> I still expect
>> those tags to be re-included in a revised version of XHTML-Basic.
>
> Please see XHTML Basic 1.1 which has just exited last call:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/

Thank you. I just hope it becomes a recommendation soon. :-)