Re: Missing ; ??

MEINTI ANAKREON <AMEINTI@singular.gr> wrote:

> When you say "in such cases" do you mean that if a commnet follows or ">"
> only then can ";" be ommited?
> Are there other cases where it can be ommited?

In cases when the character following the reference would NOT be
recognized as part of the parameter entity name.  See "9.4.5
Reference End" of SGML for details.  Unfortunately the SGML
specification per se is not available on the Web (ISO sells it),
but you could check the relevant production at:

    http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/sgmlsyn/sgmlsyn.htm#C9.4.5

Though it is not directly talking about parameter entities, "3.2.1.
Data Characters" of RFC 1866, a.k.a. HTML 2.0 may be useful to
understand this issue.

    http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_3.html#SEC3.2.1

> And an other thing.
> I searched w3.com for a specification of DTD.
> I only found DTD for varius *ML languages.
> Do you know where such a specification can be found?

w3.com domain is not owned by the W3C.  Assuming that you meant w3.org,
ISO 8876:1986, a.k.a. SGML defines the specification of DTD.  As I said,
ISO sells it, so you have to buy it from ISO to read it.

    http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/CatalogueDetailPage.CatalogueDetail?CSNUMBER=16387&ICS1=35&ICS2=240&ICS3=30

For XML, the XML 1.0 specification defines it, see:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org