Re: Please confirm something about HTML 4.01 Specification (Proposed Recommendation) 1999.08.24

updates@superdownloads.com.br wrote:

> Dear W3C,
>
> HTML 4.01 Specification (Proposed Recommendation) 1999.08.24 is listed
> in Superdownloads, the most visited download site in Brazil. We just
> like you to help us providing most accurated data for your software so
> we need your help confirming all data.
>
> Application:       HTML 4.01 Specification (Proposed Recommendation)
>                    1999.08.24
> Publisher:         W3C
> Application site:  www.w3.org/TR/html40/
> Date Posted        12/11/1999 (94 days ago)
> Last Updated       12/11/1999 (94 days ago)
> Downloads          300
> Main URL:          http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/html40.pdf
>
> If any information above is wrong or inacurate please reply this email
> specifying what's wrong and we'll fix everything as soon as possible

Please continue to refer to the W3C Technical Reports page
for the latest versions of W3C documents: http://www.w3.org/TR/

The latest version of HTML 4.01 is the Recommendation, dated
18 December 2000. Please use "dated" URIs to refer to our
specifications, such as http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224
for that specific version of HTML 4.01. The URI ending in "/TR/html40"
refers to the latest version of the specification, but what you
get at that URI may change over time.

This is not software, but a document. Please do not indicate that
it is for a particular version of Windows because it does not depend
on any version of Windows.

The Main URL is NOT the PDF format you indicate. The definitive
URI for the document is
    http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224

There are a number of alternative formats available (text, PS, PDF),
but they are not normative. Please only refer to the HTML version.

Thank you,

 - Ian