Re: Errors that is not corrected in HTML 4.01 yet

UCHIDA Akira wrote:

> Dear editors.
> I found four errors are not corrected yet.
>
> (1) Sec.15.2.1
>    In the example with "mypar", the CSS rule should read
>
>      P#mypar {font-style: italic; color: blue}

Yes.

> (2) Sec.20
>    The lines:
>
>         DELIM
>                GENERAL SGMLREF
>                SHORTREF SGMLREF
>
>    are not changed to:
>
>         DELIM
>                GENERAL SGMLREF
>                HCRO "&#38#x" -- 38 is the number for ampersand --
>                SHORTREF SGMLREF
>
>    yet.
>
>    And the initial <!SGML "ISO 8879:1986"
>    is not changed to <!SGML "ISO 8879:1986 (WWW)" yet.

Yes, someone else caught this as well. However they informed
us that the correct line for HCRO was:

          HCRO "&#38;#x" -- 38 is the number for ampersand --
                    ^

with an addition semi-colon.

> (3) Sec.21
>    The OBJECT element's archive attribute is defined in the DTD as
>    taking a value of type %URI". This is incorrect: the value may be
>    a space-separated list of URIs (as indicated in the definition of
>    the attribute and in the DTDs comment).

Yes. I will change to CDATA, which is the type used for
the comma-separated list used for APPLET/archive.

> (4) Sec.21
>    The FORM element's DTD fragment should include a definition for
>    the accept attribute, which is listed in the element's definition.
>    The definition should be the following:
>
>     accept  %ContentTypes;  #IMPLIED  -- list of MIME types for file upload

That sounds right as well.

Thank you,

 - Ian

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783