Re: Liaison statement on fragment identifiers from Linking WG

At 09:10 AM 5/17/99 -0500, Shane P. McCarron wrote:

>What may not work is if the conversion were to remove the name
>attributes from these elements. This is because older or broken HTML 4.0
>browsers sometimes do not use the id attribute. Consequently, we need to
>leave it in. Maybe what we should also do is deprecate it in XHTML 1.0
>so that the transition strategy is clear?

I think that would be a good idea. Never hurts to be explicit.

Ann
---

Author of Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials
Buy it online! http://www.webgeek.com/about.html
Coming this summer! --- Mastering XML

Owner, WebGeek Communications          http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org