Re: proposal for new submission replace mode 'new'

Leigh,

thanks for the quick reply.

First of all i appreciate that the use case now has been addressed
though i'm not completely happy from a design point of view. It might
well be my personal indisposition but i don't like it too much if the
existence of one attribute (in this case 'target') changes the
behavior of another (the replace attribute). IMO this often puzzles
users and more easily leads to authoring mistakes than to use distinct
values of one attribute for distinct functionalities.

This also reflects in implementations: you have to check several
attributes before deciding what to do. But anyway, the resolution of
the use case is the important thing here and in the end i can live
with it.

Thanks,

Joern