Re: Problems with xf:copy and xf:delete

I still say this is not consistent with the rest of the spec.  You are
saying that a select1 with a value WILL write over the all of the values
(text nodes) of the bound node but that a select1 with a xf:copy WON'T
write over all of the values (element nodes) in the bound node.  So a
select1 with a value CAN become 'in range' if extraneous values are
listed and if the user selects an item from the list but a select1 with
copy can NEVER become 'in range' if extraneous values are listed and if
the user selects an item from the list.  Leaving it, as far as I can
tell, the only type of single value, single bound control with this
behavior.  In my opinion it shouldn't matter what type of value is
getting selected, a select1 should always behave the same.  An XML
element inside a bound node can be left over, out of range junk just as
well as an out of range text node and there should be a means to get rid
of it w/o script.

I have less of a problem with xf:select behaving as you now describe
since it will be equally consistent whether the data values are text
nodes (xf:select using xf:value) or elements (xf:select using xf:copy)
and that in either case an 'out of range' value can never be brought 'in
range' (which I don't necessarily like, but it is a consistent logic
across the widget).

Philip, please open a bug on our behavior and attach a testcase.
Hopefully someone will have time to get to it.

Thanks for listening,
--Aaron