RE: Problems with xf:copy and xf:delete...

Aaron,

The reason I believe that there is a problem is that in section 9.3.7
The copy Element, the spec says:

The element node associated with the item, selected by the binding
attributes on copy, is deep copied as a child of the target node as if
an insert action had occurred.

It is possible to argue that because the observed behaviour is not
explicitly ruled-out in the definition of xf:copy I don't believe either
that it is possible to argue that the observed behaviour is acceptable.

I guess this would never have been an issue if the atom:category element
was the child of a atom:categories element.

Due to the lack of detail in the spec I'm gowing to throw this over to
the www-forms@w3.org list to see if anyone else has an opinion either
way on the subject.

Regards

Philip Fennell