Re: what should happen when a xf:insert is inside a xforms-select handler?

Hi John,

You are right in that the form author will probably be able to compare
an element in a subtree at some level if they know the structure of data
in both the bound node of the select and nodeset bound to the copy
element.  But in the world of AJAX and feeds (of course different kinds
of feeds have different formats), for example, I can certainly see the
possibility where the form author might not necessarily know the
structure of one of these things yet still need to know whether the
bound node has changed already before deciding on an action to take.

I can't say that I can come up with an example that supports my gut
feeling, though.  And if all of the readers of this thread sit and think
about it and also can't foresee a scenario that requires a spec change,
then things should probably stay the way they are.  Worse comes to
worse, the author can use JS.

Thanks for listening,
--Aaron