Re: xforms:upload updating two parts of the model

Hi Mark,

Not sure, but I think you may have suggested that an xforms-value-changed
(XVC) will happen on the filename child element of an upload.
Just in case that's what you meant, the current spec does not support that
because the ref used in filename is not a UI binding.  Only full-blown
form controls receive events from the model corresponding to their UI
bindings.

It may work in an implementation that treats every ref as a UI binding,
but then you have odd stuff happening like XVC events going to setvalue
and such.

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed:

"Mark Birbeck" <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org
02/25/2008 03:39 PM

"Nuno Job" <nunojobpinto@gmail.com>
cc
www-forms@w3.org
Subject
Re: xforms:upload updating two parts of the model

Hi Nuno,

Have you tried hooking an xf:insert action handler onto the
xforms-value-changed event? Unfortunately, one of the quirks about
XForms 1.x is that you can only hook the XVC event in a UI control, so
it will 'feel' wrong to do this. But anyway, putting that aside,
register for the change on the file id, and when you get it, test for
the existence of the element, and if it doesn't exist create it from a
template. Then copy in the file id.

On 25/02/2008, Nuno Job <nunojobpinto@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > Hi Nuno,
> >
> > Can I just clarify the question? Is the problem as simple as needing
> > to duplicate the value from filegrp/file/@ID to fptr/@FILEID? Or is it
> > slightly more complex in that the fptr element must also be created?
>
> It's the more complex  solution. Do you know how to do it?
>
> Anyway I'm ging to release a screencast on xforms and ruby on rails -
TODAY

--
  Mark Birbeck

  mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
  http://www.x-port.net | http://internet-apps.blogspot.com

  x-port.net Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, number 03730711
  The registered office is at:

    2nd Floor
    Titchfield House
    69-85 Tabernacle Street