Re: RFE: context info for user-defined events

Mark Birbeck wrote:

> John,
>
>> Several events include useful context information that can be accessed
>> from XPath expressions using the `event()` function.  I would like to be
>> able to add context information to events that are dispatched using the
>> `xf:dispatch` element[0].
>>
>> [...]
>
>  <xf:setvalue ref="event('context')" value="instance('other')/context"/>
>  <xf:setvalue ref="event('name')" value="@name"/>
>  <xf:dispatch name="foo" target="m" />

The question is then: what would event('blah') return? Especially if you
dispatch a custom event for which no properties are predefined.

I know you can make event('blah') create and return a text node or an
element, but I have always found that kind of suggestions quite clunky,
maybe partly because it is without precedent in any XML specification
that I know of.

-Erik

http://www.orbeon.com/