Re: Formal Objection: publication of XForms 1.1 as LCWD

* John Boyer wrote:
>If your last call comment is not answered, then your W3C AC Rep has the
>opportunity to object to advancement to candidate recommendation. If that
>isn't done, then the issue becomes an element of the past.

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/process.html#transition-reqs

  In preparation for advancement to Candidate Recommendation or
  subsequent maturity levels up to and including publication as a
  Recommendation, the Working Group MUST:
  6. Formally address all issues raised about the document since
     the previous step.

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/process.html#formal-address

  In the context of this document, a group has formally addressed an
  issue when it has sent a public, substantive response to the reviewer
  who raised the issue. A substantive response is expected to include
  rationale for decisions (e.g., a technical explanation, a pointer to
  charter scope, or a pointer to a requirements document). The adequacy
  of a response is measured against what a W3C reviewer would generally
  consider to be technically sound.

>In the meantime, although I will be putting your email and this response
>on the agenda for discussion and review by the Forms WG, I want to be
>clear that I currently do not perceive your objection as being appropriate
>to the XForms 1.1 last call process nor to any current efforts of the
>Forms WG, and as such I will not be speaking to the director about your
>objection ...

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/process.html#transition-reqs

  In preparation for advancement to Candidate Recommendation or
  subsequent maturity levels up to and including publication as a
  Recommendation, the Working Group MUST:
  7. Report any Formal Objections.

Thank you for making my point.