Re: XForms document versioning

Hi Mark,

So any host language element could have this attribute on it?  What if
there were multiple host language elements with xf:version and some of
the version numbers were different?  This could certainly happen if we
ever get the 'include' type functionality in XForms and we have
different sections of the form coming from different documents.  And I
assume xf:model's @version would win if the host-language element's and
model element's @version differed?  Or is this meant to replace model's
@version?  I could see them being different values because a 1.0
processor can't honor the model's @version until it supports ALL of X.Y
(whatever the value of @version is).  So the version on the
host-language element could say 1.1 but there be no version on the model
because someone could write a 1.1-level form using only the 1.1 pieces
that their specific processor supports. .  This would also be true if
the form author created some XBL to build up the processor's
functionality to 1.1 level for things the author wants to use but the
processor doesn't support, yet.

Having said all of that, I have no problem with the idea, just seems
that it'll have the same drawbacks as model's @version where the version
specified in the form may not match what the processor is capable of.

--Aaron