Re: [ANN] formsPlayer 1.5.0.1035 / Tablet PCs / Text submission results

Hi John,

Many thanks for that.

First, I don't want to go anywhere near imagining how gruelling your
task was! I know I've said this before, but I really have to say it
again--I think you've raised the quality of the XForms spec by a
significant level with the way you've written it, and your attention
to detail, and I think both implementers and users will find things
much more straightforward as a result. (I'm sure editors on the XForms
1.0 spec won't mind me saying that. :)

Second, @instance-error was actually added to formsPlayer a few
versions ago, before the new draft was available. We did it as a quick
way to resolve the 'valid data is being returned even if HTTP says
there is an error' problem. Over the next few weeks we'll be finishing
off the remaining XForms 1.1 things we have left to do, and will of
course be supporting the additions to the event context so that the
same effect can be achieved in the error handler.

Best regards,

Mark