Re: XForms doubt

On 5/30/06, Merin Shaji <merinshaji@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is working fine for me. But I want to display an error message when the
> user types something in a text box (<xforms:input>) and takes the focus out
> of that text box(DomFocusOut). For example, I want to display the text
> "Please enter a positive integer" when the user types in the text box and
> the focus is changed from the text box. I have given <xforms:bind> for that
> text box reference with type="xs:positiveInteger". It shows a red
> exclamation mark for invalid entries. But I want to display my custom text
> in a pop up window.

What alert does is implementation specific. So if you want a modal
message, you need your message to hook into the xforms-invalid event,
fx.:

      <xforms:input ref="val">
        <xforms:label>Value: </xforms:label>
	<xforms:message level="modal" ev:event="xforms-invalid">
	  Badness
	</xforms:message>
      </xforms:input>

--