RE: XForms Basic and Schema Validation

Hi Allan,

No...I think that's something different. I read that to mean that all XML
Schema built-in types *other than* those listed can be treated as
xsd:string. In other words, you can treat the following XML Schema datatypes
as strings:

  * duration
  * hexBinary
  * float
  * double
  * QName
  * NOTATION
  * normalizedString
  * token
  * language
  * Name
  * NCName
  * NMTOKEN
  * NMTOKENS
  * ID
  * IDREF
  * IDREFS
  * ENTITY
  * ENTITIES

But these are 'known' types--it's no more than saying that if an author
uses:

  <bind nodeset="a" type="xsd:QName" />

an implementer of XForms Basic need not actually check for a QName, but can
just check as for xsd:string.

But this doesn't mean that using an unknown type is ok:

  <bind nodeset="a" type="xsd:doodle" />

This should still be an error of some sort, in both Full and Basic.

Mark Birbeck
CEO
x-port.net Ltd.

e: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net