Re: Event questions.

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:27:03 +0200, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
wrote:

> I think Rogelio's question is whether it should *still* execute, even
> with a handler attribute on it.

Oh, you're right, I didn't read the example closely enough. Sorry Rogelio!

> It's a good question, and not one I've seen raised before. My first
> reaction is to say that for conformance reasons it would be more
> straightforward if both messages were invoked.
>
> Any thoughts?

XML Events says that an element defaults to a handler for an event if it
doesn't have a handler attribute on it.
http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-events/Overview.html#section-attributedefaulting

So my conclusion is that

<trigger id="trigger1">
    <label>Button1</label>
    <message level="modal" ev:event="DOMActivate" ev:target="trigger1"
	 ev:observer="trigger1" ev:handler="#action2">
	  First Hello!!
    </message>
</trigger>

is the same as

<trigger id="trigger1">
    <label>Button1</label>
    <ev:listener event="DOMActivate" target="trigger1"
	 observer="trigger1" handler="#action2"/>
    <message level="modal">
	  First Hello!!
    </message>
</trigger>

So the first <message> will not get activated.

Steven