Re: readonly inputs when form is submitted

So far I have solved it introducing an element, as says Rafael (thanks),
although have introduced the element in a new instance because I did not
want to corrupt the useful instance with an auxiliary element.

I would like to know the way to do it directly, without intermediate
elements. It seems that the option that Leigh says is direct, but I don't
understand it:

Or on ev:event="xforms-submit" inside submission, so it will change before
the submit happens instead of afterwards.

Is it a new option or is it an adding to the option commented by Rafael?

Another option is a switch, with a toggle on xforms-submit inside the
submission, using a different presentation UI (such as a bunch of outputs)
inside the second case of the switch.

It consists of having a twin set of outputs, but bound to the attribute
readonly=true, visible based on switch?

Thank you

Iņaki