Re: how to reset just a part of an model

Hi John,

thank you.

Currently I use the first method you give.
It's also the only way I found to implement the "Cancel" (= reset + go
back)

In fact, it's a so common function of UI that I hoped a more specific
solution in XForms,
that's why I asked.

Hower, I think that the second solution is now, with the new 1.0 specs,
possible.
But not with the "old" ones.
Namely,

The new w3c specs "says" :

        "9.3.5 The insert Element
        The new node is created by cloning the final member of the
homogeneous collection."

and the old one:

        "The new node is created by cloning the final member of the
homogeneous collection
        specified by the initialization instance data."

So, with the old processor, I can clone a node only once, because the
next time I try to clone
it (with insert), the obtained clone is the initialization one (as
specified in "old" 1.0).

As opposed to "new" 1.0 specs, in which I can understand that it is the
current last node
that is cloned, and not the initialization one.
But it's not implemented in my favorite XForms plugins, for the moment.

Best Regards,
vinzo.