RE: Button with an image.

Well, let's take a look at his example then.

        <xf:submit submission="grabar">
                <xf:label>
                            <h:img src="../images/cmdSave.gif" />
                </xf:label>
        </xf:submit>

Obviously has previous references to two separate namespaces called xf
and h that are not included in the example.  So he might be having a
problem with validating against a namespace, but we don't have the
proper information to tell which namespace he is validating against.

As for your other example, get into the real world.  HTML programmers
DON'T CARE about whether their code is good HTML or not.  Get real and
realize that the browser will render an img tag whether it's good code
or not, regardless of validation rules, as long as it points to a valid
image file.  Even the XHTML Transitional will still display it.  Which
is why the XHTML Strict exists.  Eventually (hopefully), web programmers
will be called to task for their past transgressions when it comes to
sloppy code.  Bottom line is it starts here, with adherance to the
standards.  Should Xforms validate to the Strict or the Transitional?
My vote would be for the Strict.

Thank you,

Christopher M Goodrich A+
Corporate Computing Help Desk