RE: XForms Myths Exposed - By Ian Hixie (Opera)

Hi Christopher,
	theres a good chance X-Forms will be useful to you here,
	and you can always use something like Chiba to get across the
board browser compatibility now rather than wait for the browsers to catch up.
where you might come unstuck is the actual form your XML takes.
although in theory Xforms can load and edit ANY XML, in practice it can be a
bit troublesome (especially with xforms 1.0) 1.1 seems to fix a lot of issues
here though but I don't have any actual experience with 1.1 so I cant say for
sure.
If you have to add/remove attributes to nodes for example and you are using
some engine that doesn't support script(like chiba) then you just cant.
on the other hand if you are only adding/removing/editing elements, and
editing attributes then you might save a lot of time by using xforms.  its not
always easy to get a UI experience that is as clean as it could be with a
custom coded html form either, but its usually good enough.

hope that helps, and my intention is not to put you off. I hope the more
people dive in and try real world apps with x-forms the more the powers that
be might listen and address the issues.

I would certainly choose Xforms over infopath!

Cheers
Jason.