From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Tony Tay
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 3:41 AM
To: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: using xforms for business

hi,

I deployed a client/server application for a company to do their daily
operations.  A example snapshot is show below.

1. when a Barcode value (see highlight in snapshot below) is entered, the
description for the goods are picked up from database (using Oracle's Store
Procedure) and populated into readonly fields (Goods, Avail, Vendor).
2. each field may need to run it's own validation when needed
3. the toggle buttons at the bottom of screen allows the cursor to move
between different fields:
    (a)  When checkbox Barcode/Vendor ID Entity is selected --  the cursor
will move from Barcode -> Goods --> Avail --> Gst --> Vendor and then back
to Barcode in the next line.
    (b)  The next check box moves the cursor from Buyer --> Sold  --> Sale
Amount fields
4. Each row of data is automatically updated to the database when it tabs
(or the RETURN key is pressed) out of the current row into the next.  This
behaviour is very much like MS Access forms approach.

Question:   I would like to know if XForms can handle such processing ?  If
it can, i would very much like to upgrade the application to XForms and have
everything running via the internet browser.
Also please advice as to what would be a good tool and place to start from.
Thanks.  I have no working knowledge of XForms (other than reading info from
the various related websites)

Regards,
Tony