RE: XForms Actions

Hello Robert, Roland and Raman ...

DOMActivate would be no good because it would occur prior to the user's
changes.

The following should work:

  <xf:instance>
    <data>
      <field1 />
      <field2 />
    </data>
  </xf:instance>

  <xf:input ref="field1">
    <xf:label />
    <xf:setvalue
     ev:event="xforms-value-changed"
     ref="field2"
     value="../field1"
    />
  </xf:input>

  <xf:input ref="field2">
    <xf:label />
  </xf:input>

Note that in xf:setvalue, the @value XPath is relative to the XPath in @ref
- which may be where you are having problems. This is not clear in the spec,
and is the subject of a forthcoming errata.

Mark Birbeck
CEO and CTO
x-port.net Ltd.

Download our XForms processor from