"Suspend and Resume" Mechanism

Hi-

I'm wondering if any more thought has gone into the specifics of
save-restore? I realize that this will most likely not be included in the
Spec for some time, but I'm curious to read any speculation for a mechanism
as to how this might be accomplished.

I see that XFrames takes a URI string of concatenated attribute-value pairs
[1], and have also seen a cookie approach used, but neither seems
particularly elegant, in terms of the XML context in which XForms operates.
Has anyone discussed other methods of doing this?

I would be very interested in seeing a standardized method making its way
into the Spec.

Thanks-
-Doug

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xframes/#s_populating