RE: Combining bind and event?

At 09:57 AM 7/29/2002 -0400, you wrote:

> > From: Amir Yiron
> >
> > p.s. I can't find XForms examples that are more than very
> > simple! I'll be glad to have links to complex XForms
> > examples, even complete pages/applications. It's the only way
> > to get a real understanding!
>
>I believe you are expecting too much.XForms is not even a W3C
>Recommendation, and XForms technology implementations are immature.

He's not expecting too much.  If a spec like this is being developed with
out more realistic examples than the ones we see, I would be
frightened.  But rest assured the companies backing this spec that have
commercial products related to xforms have worked out very elaborate and
sophisticated examples. I guarantee it.  You just don't expend this much
time and energy creating and fine-tuning a spec of this degree without
doing that. Unfortunately, it doesn't mean we get the benefit of their
xforms R&D, beyond the spec itself.

>I honestly do not appreciate the number of X-Smiles' specific how-to
>questions in this mailing list. There is an X-Smiles mailing list:
>http://www.x-smiles.org/xsmiles_lists.html

True enough, it helps when question are posted through the proper channels.

>I consider the "only way to get a real understanding" at this point is
>to work on an implementation yourself.

As someone working on an implementation, I can tell you that more
sophisticated examples would be *enormously* helpful.  It is wrong to
assume or imply that because someone wants better examples, that they have
somehow not put honest time and effort into an understanding of the
spec.  I've been programming many, many years, and even after all this
time, I find that programming "by example" is often invaluable.  This case
is no different.  To see how different kinds of scenarios are marked up, it
is helpful to see real examples.

Anyway, point is, for those of us who see value in xforms, complete real
examples would be great.

Jim

--
jim@jbrix.org

Visit www.jbrix.org for:
   + SpeedJAVA jEdit Code Completion Plugin
   + Xybrix XML Application Framework
   + other great Open Source Software